Friday, September 25, 2009

EMMY TRIBUTE!


We "discovered" her through some mutual friends. God made a hilarious, faithful, and FUN person in such a petite (NOTICE WE DIDN'T SAY "SHORT" EMMY!) body. :)

We call her "Emmy" because it was easier for Laura Beth to say. I'm sure Laura Beth could say, "Emily." However, we shortened her name to Emmy to make it easier. It suits Emily nicely.

Recently, Emmy went on a mini-vacation with us. We joked and called it a "family vacation" (because we stayed with some of my family instead of a hotel and we all went in the same vehicle, etc) so now Steve says she is part of the family. Emmy says Steve is taking that statement a little too far. ha!

A little background on this wonderful lady: She is from Papua New Guinea where her parents are missionaries. She is in the counseling program here at South Western. She can do hilarious imitations of people and movie lines. She could probably talk to anyone she met. However, she is a REALLY good listener.

Anyway, I wish all of you had the chance to meet my friend, EMMY. God knew I needed to meet her. I think God wants everyone else to meet her too. :)

She knows who she is AND WHOSE she is. Love you Emmy! :)

No comments: