Laura Beth did "ok" today at daycare. The assistant director (whom I REALLY like) said that she heard Laura Beth about 30 minutes after Steve left from down the hall (crying, obviously). She didn't cry when Steve dropped her off...she really didn't even care that he left. However, at around 10:30 she DESPERATELY needed her Lee Lee (pink bear, if you aren't familiar). Then, at lunch she didn't eat or want to even sit at the table. I'm sure the other kids were looking at her thinking, "Seriously? They're bringing FOOD." Although on Laura Beth's behalf, they were having chef salad (who eats lettuce at this age? ok ok, I'm sure many do.) They also had tomato and cheese (?). Then, they had crackers and green beans. Yeah, Laura Beth needs to start liking
some of those things. ha! I'm not going to make her eat cheese tomatos. ha!
Other than that, she had a couple drops of juice on her shirt from the "regular" cup drinking she has been doing (which is better than yesterday, which was grape juice on a white shirt). When it was nap time, they put her on her cot wide awake, and she went to sleep for an hour all on her own with no problem. Actually, tonight at about 7:45, she layed on the couch face down and looked at me and said, "Sleepy." ha! I said, "Ok, let's get your Lee Lee and go to bed."
Tomorrow is MY first day to take her to "school." I'll let ya'll know how it goes when "mommy" drops her off. I hope she looks at me, says, "bye mommy" with a big smile, and turns to play. Who thinks that will happen? ha!
4 comments:
I miss you guys so much. I want to drop her off at day care, but I think it would even be hard for me. She is to cute to let go.
Oh, poor thing. Give her a big kiss and hug. She'll be fine in no time and loving it. And, learning lots of new things. Hopefully, good things. So pitiful.
This post made me laugh out loud. I agree with you - Who gives toddlers chef salad? That's really strange in my book. Sounds like LB is doing great. It's so much harder for us than them. Be very proud of her sleeping on a mat. That's huge and will make transitioning to a big girl bed in the future easier - I would think anyway. We hope you are loving Texas and making good friends. Wish we could see you. Check our blog soon. We'll be posting about the sex of our baby. Love, Alicia
I want her dropped off at "my daycare"! Looking forward to keeping her again. Just 21 months until the next move.... closer. Yea! Yea! Yea! A party day. Sorry no pressure just miss you all! Gran
Post a Comment