Today, Monday, was Laura Beth's first day of daycare. She did well. Steve had to take her by himself because I had to work. She didn't cry when Steve left. Steve said he tried to tell her "bye" but she wasn't even interested in saying "bye" to him. She was WAAAY to interested in what was going on in the class.
She didn't eat her lunch (of course) BUT they said she ate her snack very well. ha! She isn't used to much variety of food (our fault, I'm sure). She is learning to drink from a regular cup (no sippy cups in her class). She can drink from a regular cup, but she spills more than she drinks. ha! So they changed her clothes because she had a little (literally a little) juice on her shirt.
They said she slept and hour on her little cot. She needed someone to sit with her, but she eventually went to sleep with not much hassle (they said). ha! I was surprised at that because she has always slept in a crib. Apparently, she adjusted well to the new sleeping style. However, she usually takes a 2 hours nap, so she was REALLY tired tonight. When she woke up from her daycare nap, she wanted to play with this animal puzzle that she was obsessed with all day. They said they couldn't believe she knew all the animals and was saying all of the animal names. She even amazed them that she differentiated the lion and tiger.
She made a friend with a girl named, "Joanna." Everyone calls her "Jo Jo." Laura Beth already says the names of 2 of the kids in her class and claps her hands (Maybe they did a "name song" or something).
Steve said that when he picked her up, Laura Beth's hairdo looked better than when he dropped her off (Steve "re-did" Laura Beth's hair after I had done it much earlier that morning and he said it took him forever and it still looked "ok." ha!). The daycare must have done a "re-do" to Laura Beth's hair during the day at some point.
Overall, I think the parents (us) were more stressed and worried about Laura Beth going to "School" than she was. Her class is very culturally and equally diverse. The daycare is located at a Lutheran Church. She is in a small class size of about 6 kids at this point with 2 teachers. So far, so good with "school." We'll keep you posted on the rest of the "FIRST WEEK."
3 comments:
That's GREAT!! I bet they thought LB was such a cutie!!
Lots of prayers have been answered. I am glad she did so well. I hope you guys had fun on your date.
Yea for the computer....and I agree with Gee Gee the prayers have been answered... and I know daycare is going brilliant, beautiful, awesome and so much more... cause her Gran thinks soooooooooooo.
Post a Comment