Saturday, January 3, 2009

Last Honduras Update!

Steve called yesterday with the best news. Last year while he was in Honduras, they met a little girl who had some sort of cancer. She was on alot of medication, which made her body swell. When I say "swell" I mean she was very, very swollen. Well, Steve saw her again in the village, and Layne Parrish was holding her. Steve couldn't believe this was the same little girl. She was so trimmed out and beautiful. She no longer needs the medication, which made her swell, because she was cured. She takes no medication anymore. In the states, cancer is very hard to fight. I can't imagine what it is like in Honduras. People from our team last year prayed for this little girl. God heals!

The team traveling to San Pedro Sula today. After arriving there, they spotted a Pizza Hut. Everyone was so thrilled to see the Pizza Hut that they ate there for lunch today. They will board a plane tomorrow (Sunday) from this city and land in the states at Atlanta. Then, they will have one more flight to Memphis tomorrow. They will arrive home in Greenville at 2 a.m. Monday morning. All week Lauren Kelly stayed at my house helping with Laura Beth and just hanging out with me (helping the time pass more quickly). I know she would have rather been in Honduras, but I am so thankful for her company this week. She left today heading back to Texas. We miss you already Lauren.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Steve has the cameras. Hopefully, we will post pictures of growing Laura Beth this week. I can't wait for Steve to be home again!

No comments: