
One of our friends did a countdown to her daughters birthday. I thought it was a cute idea. I think I might add to the blog entries some thoughts that we had as parents the first weeks after she was born, as we count down the last week of her first year. ha! I kept a journal for Laura Beth during this first year of her life. We plan on giving it to her later in life (16 years old or maybe when she has her first child). Anyway, I was reading through it the other night and all of the feelings and emotions of first-time parenting came rushing back. Ah the memories. :)
9 days after Laura Beth was born I wrote:
"I am so amazed every time I look at you. You make the sweetest faces, especially when you yawn and stretch. You smile sometimes when you are dreaming, which is fun to see at just a week and 2 days old. ....I am amazed at how perfectly healthy you are. Your hands are so little and sweet. Your hair is thinner on top than the back. Watching you breath gives me an overwhelming sense of responsibility. However, I know that you are not mine. God has given you to me and your dad as a gift to love and care for as long as He wills. We will pray for His guidance so we know what to do as parents."
9 days after Laura Beth was born I wrote:
"I am so amazed every time I look at you. You make the sweetest faces, especially when you yawn and stretch. You smile sometimes when you are dreaming, which is fun to see at just a week and 2 days old. ....I am amazed at how perfectly healthy you are. Your hands are so little and sweet. Your hair is thinner on top than the back. Watching you breath gives me an overwhelming sense of responsibility. However, I know that you are not mine. God has given you to me and your dad as a gift to love and care for as long as He wills. We will pray for His guidance so we know what to do as parents."
No comments:
Post a Comment