Thursday, October 1, 2009

SWINE FLU!

Ok, so we are BACK IN TEXAS. UGH! It wouldn't be so bad except, I only got to see Gage for a few hours. Steve didn't see him at ALL...and neither did SWINE FLU Laura Beth. Laura Beth started running fever as we crossed the MS state line on our way to Jackson. She had NO OTHER SYMPTOMS. However, God began to stir in Steve a "Worry" about Laura Beth being in daycare with the swine flu a couple days ago. He usually doesn't worry about illness with her...I do the worrying about her "possibly getting" something. Steve left me at the hospital and took Laura Beth to his parents, as we weren't sure why she was running a fever earlier in the day. Laura Beth's fever broke for several hours while at Steve's parents. We thought we were in the clear. However, after Steve went to his sister's, Laura's, house, he realized that Laura Beth was not "herself." His fear about the flu was sadly "right on." She tested positive for the Swine flu. I was immediately "kicked out" of Angie's house (we weren't taking any chances there) and stayed at a hotel by myself (thanks Breisch for the free stay!). We are all three on Tamiflu. We are so sad that our BIG TRIP to MS was ended abruptly with this HORRIBLE illness. I didn't get to see any of Steve's family (esp. new baby Zane), my dad or my brother. We'll have to get back to MS soon to make up for all of this lost time.

So, Half of the family has flu...

...and the other half of the family (me basically) has BABY FEVER!

Introducing "Gage Breisch Stallings!"














3 comments:

Brigitte said...

So sad. We are at home in Iuka for a few days, and I've had a terrible stomach ache the whole time thus far.

Hey, what convertible car seat did you buy for Laura Beth?

Brigitte said...

So sad. We are at home in Iuka for a few days, and I've had a terrible stomach ache the whole time thus far.

Hey, what convertible car seat did you buy for Laura Beth?

Steve and I .... said...

Yeah Being sick on the road stinks! We got two Alpha and Omega Elite car seats offline.. Got them cheaper onine.. about 110 dollars each.. I'm sure you or Chris could search around and find them cheaper than the typical 150 to 175 price for them.