Monday, March 30, 2009

Conferences and Reunions

It's been a long week for our family. First let me explain this next picture. I had to attend a conference in Jackson this past week. So, Laura Beth was going to have a great time with her Daddy and Teresa (Tee). Well, I leave a note for Tee everyday while I go to work, so naturally I wanted to leave one for each day I was gone for her daddy too. Steve took this picture after laughing at the entire setup (especially the extra sticky notes on the counter). However, I guarantee all of that information came in handy. :) So Thursday and Friday I was out of town at the conference, which was great because I got to stay with Angie. We had the BEST time registering for Baby Stallings, thinking about the nursery and reminiscing about an old stuff animal we had growing up("napper"). Then on Saturday Steve, Laura Beth and myself headed to Oxford, MS to attend a reunion for my sorority. We had the best time catching up with friends that I haven't seen in a long time. However, the best part was seeing my sorority house updated. They have added a chapter room, extra rooms for girls to live in the house, updated the kitchen, and MY FAVORITE update is the front door! I LOVE IT! We used to have a white SINGLE front door. Can you imagine cramming hundreds of girls through a SINGLE door at RUSH? It was a nightmare.
Lisa, Jennifer, me, and Mary Ann in front of the Theta house.After the fun trip down memory lane at the Theta house, we headed to meet up with Chris, Lisa's husband, at Two Stick. This place has the BEST sushi. We enjoyed hanging out with them and conversing, while enjoying a GREAT afternoon snack.

While we were there, Laura Beth enjoyed her chicken and vegetables on "two sticks." Hilarious.
Steve, Laura Beth, and Jennifer playing.
Laura Beth got some new toys for her birthday from Jennifer and Lisa. Thanks guys! She played with them most of the way home.
We had the best time visiting Matt, Mary Ann, and Nate Dillon while we were in Oxford. I didn't get any pictures while I was at their house, but I was glad Nate and Laura Beth got to hang out. We really enjoyed the entire trip.
As many of you know already, we are moving to Fort Worth, TX. Steve will attend seminary and we will live on Southwestern's campus. I'll blog (about how this came about and more details) very soon. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lizzie,
I had no idea y'all were moving. I was talking to Brigitte yesterday and she said "That makes me sad." I said yeah me too, but we'll probably see her the same amount- it's just the idea! Good luck with everything. Laura Beth is so cute!

Jenny