Monday, December 9, 2013

New Seasons

I was reminded this past weekend, by a very wise man (Mr. Jack Mears, notice I didn't say "old"), that I have not updated our blog in a while. Well, here I am...updating. :) We have had such a wonderful fall season. It was filled with lots of new things:

1) Laura Beth started reading fluently. She reads everything she can find. One week in early November, a "light switch" turned on and she was off. We are THANKFUL! Also, she has begun to learn some words that I didn't learn until I went to college (Rostal, caudal, dorsal, and ventral! All you speech pathologist, neurologist and scientist know that language...and now my kindergartener knows it!)

Laura Beth practicing her montesorri methods on her 2 year old sister's toy. ha!




Julie Ann with her "thinking cap" on while Laura Beth teaches her "school."

Steve and Laura Beth playing "war" the card game. Note Laura Beth's Cheetah ears. A common accessory 

Laura Beth and her good friend, Kathryn.

Laura Beth and Gage at his birthday party in September. (Gage is my sister's son).

Sporting the MSU tattoo that Bampa gave her.



Friends at the Fall Carnival.

2) Julie Ann is such a joy to be around. She is constantly saying, "Daddy, you so happy? I make you so happy." It's really sweet. She is "potty trained" during the day. We are THANKFUL! She is also VERY tall! She is way bigger than her friends. She continues to love dance and playing with her big sister.


Julie Ann and Ann Thomas (My sister's daughter). They are the same age (Born 4 weeks apart).
Sporting her MSU tattoo that Bampa gave her.

Julie Ann with James (Kathryn's (as formerly mentioned) brother). These two are 2 weeks apart in age. 
3). As for us, Steve has had a crazy busy fall with football games with the youth, football games with MSU....Side note: He taught Julie Ann and Laura Beth to say, "No Rebels. Go Bulldogs!" It's annoying. He has also been really busy with loving the Lord and the people He created. We are overwhelmed with the Joy we find in serving Him. We have met some amazing new friends this year in our neighborhood (literally, across the street and just next door). As for me, I have been in organized chaos since school started back. I am the speech therapist for 3 schools, 3 very different schools. I work at an elementary school, a junior high school, and a training academy (for a local residential facility). Just in the last week and a half, I met two children, 1st grade and 3rd grade, who had never heard about a man named Jesus. They really had no idea who I was talking about when I said that I was getting excited about celebrating Jesus' birthday soon. My heart was broken, but it was also very excited to get to share good news with students who NEED to hear it. Below are some of our church youth girls at different functions. I love them so much.


All together, these are the HIGH points of the fall season. We have had some "lows" too. Our sweet Grandma Mears went to be with the Lord. We miss her very much. This among a few other hardships have been difficult. However, God has reminded us even when things seemed slightly "out of control," He is constant and sovereign!

So, Winter...Christmas...NEW YEAR, HERE WE COME!!!!

Grandaddy Mears: Thanks for the reminder to keep my blog updated. We enjoyed you being with us a couple of days. Just seeing you brings us so much happiness. :) Hearing you talk about life and loving people is just a wonderful added blessing!

-------------------Below are just some pictures we took at the pumpkin patch.  :)---------------------------







No comments: