Friday, January 24, 2014

Sneaux Day 2014

A friend posted the "Sneaux" spelling on her Facebook and I thought it was cute. One thing I was sad about when we moved from Texas to Louisiana was that we wouldn't see snow anymore. My husband said we probably wouldn't see snow in Fort Worth, TX (We saw LOTS of snow in Texas during our 1 1/2 years).. My husband said the same thing when we moved to Louisiana. He didn't think snow would be in the forecast there either.

A few days ago, we heard that we might get some light snow here in Central Louisiana. I was only hoping to let Laura Beth see it falling from the sky. ha. We were very excited to see 3 inches the next morning! Laura Beth had heard at school last Wednesday that we would get some snow on Friday. I tried to tell her that God may not send snow to us. (I didn't want her to be so disappointed when it didn't snow.) She said, "I hope God makes it snow. Let's pray and ask Him for snow." (Note: Laura Beth has been wanting to see snow ALL winter. Steve and I have even talked about traveling to where it snows so that she can see it. ha.) So of course, I allowed her to pray to God about the snow; reminding her that if God thought that we needed snow, then He would make it snow. Let's just say, Laura Beth thought: 1)she "told" God to make it snow and 2)He listened. Oh great. We explained AGAIN that God doesn't do what WE tell Him, but that He does what He wants for His plan, if we like His plan or not...if we want His plan or not. Of course, this is a hard concept for her to understand. Nevertheless, Laura Beth was SUPER excited that God made it snow. Laura Beth's mommy was super excited that it snowed as well. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love the way that you are processing these truths with LB. What a neat foundation you are laying. Also, what a good reminder to come to Him with faith like a child. Love that LB got her snow wish. What fun!