Yeah, we know the picture looks pretty pitiful. Laura Beth has an ear infection. We went to the doctor yesterday and they instantly said, "She has a pretty bad ear infection." She wasn't sleeping very good and wasn't eating/drinking really good. We're on meds now, so she should be good as new soon.My job's orientation went well. I will do a "ride along" with an experienced home health SLP this week and then I will get to work. I got a pretty sweet phone, Garmin, and new pair of scrubs the first day on the "job" (Orientation). Overall, I'm excited about the new job.
Laura Beth is adjusting quite nicely. She still says, "Jack's" name alot. Since she moved here, she discovered Elmo. So of course she has a new Elmo "Hokie Pokie" doll. I said, "New" but I meant re-sale. They have AWESOME resale shops here. :)
Today is Father's day and Laura Beth slept 14 hours last night. She slept so late this morning that we didn't go to church today. Steve was a little sad, but not bad enough that Sushi couldn't cheer him right up. I must say, that I have been truly blessed with the most amazing husband/father in Steve. What a great man!
Here is a video of Laura Beth talking. She says alot more than this now, but she was beginning to get an ear infection on this day (probably) and we couldn't get her to say too much. In this video, she is saying her numbers and some family members (Mammy, Bampa, Papaw, Gran, and Lou Lou). She says more names, but this is all I could catch on video. More to come soon!
Before we left MS, Laura Bet started singing a NEW part to the Baby Bumble Bee song. This video is from the FIRST day she started singing it, so please ignore me laughing in the background. :) Enjoy the video!
2 comments:
I love that song. please make her do it again. Ha ha! I soooooo Miss her.
Love watching and listening to her learn.... Our next American Idol..
AKA (Mom, Kay Kay, Gran, Granny)
Post a Comment