Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hi! From the Lone Star State!

Yes, that's right. We are officially Texans. I have pictures of the process but these first pictures are from when we were still Mississippians. ha. Laura Beth loves my necklaces. She "got into them" while I was packing. She HAD to wear them all. So cute.


"Greenville" is all Laura Beth talks about here in Texas. You see, in Greenville, MS when we would leave a place to go home, I would say "We're going home. Going to see Jack." Today (in Texas) we were coming home from Wal-Mart and I said, "We're going home." She said, "see Jack." Talk about break my heart. She also says, "Wa Wa" (Laura Sipes) and "Bee Bee" (Shelby Reister) sporadically. She pretty much misses everything about Greenville.
We have pictures of family and Laura Beth says all of our families names when she sees them. Oh and today she started saying the number "8" when someone counts to 10. So now she says, "two" when she sees the number 2. She also says, "5" and "8" when someone Rote counts with her. She has a new trick, word, or face everyday.

We will get a few videos up as soon as we get our own internet. Laura Beth is signing ALOT now.

SO HERE WE ARE NOW....IN TEXAS!!! The Lone Star State has been GREAT for us thus far. We have met some really nice people and eaten some really good food. Yes, this big star is on the wall in our Living room. ha!

This is how we actually got here. The night before we moved we stayed at my parents house, Pa Paw and Gran (or Kay Kay, as Laura Beth calls her sometimes).

The next day, Steve drove the moving truck by himself. My mom, Laura Beth, and I packed (literally, check out that picture) into the van and made the 7 hour trip. Don't let this picture deceive you. She only slept about an hour the entire way.

However, we made it! This is Daddy taking time to take "busy body" for a walk the second day we were there. Then we began putting it all together. Yeah, Lauren Kelly came to help. ha!
Officially, my favorite store so far is ....


I've never been in one of these stores before...It was so fun! My dad loved it too... ha! The bag he is holding is mine. He bought all of the containers I needed. THANKS DAD! However, he did get a couple of things for himself. ha!


Why would we need containers? Well....this could be why...
The above picture is our kitchen (unpacked, obviously). The picture below is the living room.

The following pictures are of some pretty AMAZING people. Thanks to these guys (and a few others) we were able to make this move very smoothly.
LAUREN KELLY. Yeah, we know ya'll are jealous. The next picture is of of my family. WE ALL LOOK SO TIRED! I look H-o-r-r-i-b-l-e in BOTH of these pictures...but I posted them anyway. It makes me smile seeing my dad's HILARIOUS expression!

Overall, we are in our home. Most of the rooms are finished. I will post pictures soon. We just got internet tonight (our neighbor let us borrow his). All of our stuff fits into the new place. We are learning our way around Fort Worth. We think we'll go to the Zoo on Monday. When we left Greenville, the weather wasn't TOO hot yet. However, TEXAS is HOT! Our car thermometer read over 100 2 of the days we have been here. Honestly, it feels pretty much just like home. ha! Thanks to all of you for the calls. We appreciate your prayers too. We miss our friends and family in Greenville!

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

I'm so glad you are almost unpacked. That is crazy to me. I know you are so tired. I just can't imagine doing all of it with a 1-year old. She is just darlin' Even though I did not see you, for some reason, I'm really sad that you have moved. Anyways, I can't wait to hear more about everything. Again, Laura Beth is too cute.Brigitte

Anonymous said...

OMGosh...seeing these pics reminds me so much of "home" and school...I'm severely homesick and we're definitele coming soon! Also, seeing LB in your necklaces about made matt cry bc we have pics JUST like that of Kelsey at LB's age! I love the Container Store...it was a lifesaver for me! Gosh we miss y'all! The boys keep asking where Steve is and Kelsey periodically says she misses you!!! We'll talk soon...hope you love the zoo as much as we do...you should look into a season pass! love you!!!

Kerri