Wednesday, May 8, 2013
"May the Fourth Be with You"
Well, the 4th was with me. I turned 31 on the 4th of May. It was a wonderful day. My very good friend Hollie made me a cool new camera strap! Steve is excited that he gets to wear it to. (hear the sarcasm) ha. I also got 7 packs of gum from one of the youth girls who asks me for gum every time she sees me at church. ha!
In other news....
Laura Beth finishes Pre K in just a couple of weeks. She has grown SO much in this first year of school. She had a WONDERFUL christian teacher who shaped Laura Beth's knowledge and her ability to work with other students in her class. This week we had to start using grown up shampoo and conditioner on Laura Beth's hair. You know your daughter is getting "big" when she is using the same shampoo and conditioner as you use at 31 years old. She scored her first soccer goal at Upward on my birthday!
She loves BALLET too. I find her "chasse-ing" across the McDonald's floor and basically any open space. She will be in toe shoes before I know it. Her routine this year is a "tap" routine. Next year, we think she will do ballet only.
Laura Beth has stated that she is ready to have her ears pierced! Oh my. She also loves to put "play" eye shadow on and clear lip gloss. I even heard 2 new songs coming from her lips this week. (Wait for it....) Justin Beiber's "BAby" (I have no idea where she heard this) and "Bralyn and Parker sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-Y-N-G." (Note the misspelling) When I asked her what the rest of that song was, she didn't know. When I asked what the song meant, she said it means you say 2 people in your class names'. The next time she sang it, she sang 2 girl names. Whew! I have to explain why the song was not appropriate, but I am thankful for the opportunity to explain WHAT IS appropriate. Some of Laura Beth's sayings now are:
"Look mom! It's a ____. I have wanted one of these FOR YEARS."
"I know it'll hurt a little to have earrings, but I think I'm ready."
"When I am 7, I am having a pet party and getting a dog."
"Hey girl. Whatcha doin' girl?" (When she sees her 5 YEAR OLD friends)
"Can I spend the night with ______?"
I mean, WOW! In just a short time, she has gone from princesses to popstars.
Julie Ann is so big too. Her daddy has taught her to say "gorgeous eyes" and "sugar lips." Both of those sayings have the corresponding facial expressions (pretty eye blinks and lip puckers). Julie Ann loves to play soccer, dance, do flips, ride scooters, ride tricycles, draw, and basically ANYTHING that Laura Beth does. Did I mention she loves stickers!
I am only able to type this blog entry because we are in the car for several hours headed to texas to watch Lauren Kelly graduate from Southwestern Seminary. We WILL take a picture together at her graduation. We desperately need a new picture together. I am so thankful to call her a friend and more than that, a sister in Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow, LB sounds like such a different gal than the one I last saw! I would love to see y'all while you are in TX, but I know you're time will be so limited! If you hit an unexpected lull (ha!), give me a call. Hope you have a great time watching Lauren graduate. Such a special day. Love your family!
Post a Comment