Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oh Snap!

Laura Beth recently learned how to snap her fingers. It was like a magical moment when her finger met her palm and NOISE was heard. She was so excited. Now, I catch her snapping all the time. She wants to be "bigger" (older really). Every day she wants me to "weigh" her (she really means MEASURE) to see if she has grown. She frequently tells me that she is so much bigger and she should just go to first grade (like her cousin Hannah Claire, I presume). She has even told me several times that she thought she was big enough for 6th grade (and naturally I am thinking, "Who told you about 6th grade?"). 

It's obvious, Laura Beth is getting bigger. She is even asking some hard (for us to explain) questions about God and Jesus (we haven't quite gotten to Holy Spirit yet). Here are a list of her current questions. She asks them at very random times in the day almost every other day. I think she asks every day because the answers we give her are HARD for our humans minds to sometimes understand and except. It's hard for us to believe what we can't SEE:

1. How old is Jesus?
2. Where is heaven?
3. How does God take me to heaven? Do we walk?
4. Where is Jesus, I can't see him?

Her questions have made me feel very convicted about "Truth" and how I can help Laura Beth understand this truth at 4 years old. Every time I answer the above questions for Laura Beth, many more questions begin to form (which is a good thing). All together, I don't want God to be like a fictional character to her. I want her to understand who He is, His power, and His sovereignty. 


No comments: