Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

First, I must say how blessed I am to have such wonderful parents. My mom and dad came to our house over the last weekend to help me with ... well, I was going to say Julie Ann, but really they helped with EVERYTHING (and Julie Ann, of course). We had a wonderful weekend!

I have a favorite picture of Laura Beth and my dad. I think this will be my favorite picture of Julie Ann and my dad. My dad was so brave...he fed AND burped Julie Ann. Love him.

Mom (Gran) IS a natural with a Julie Ann (of course). I wish she was here ALL day every day. She "learned" Julie Ann very quickly and they love each other now. ha! These next pictures are from the Splash park in Alexandria. We had a memorial day picnic there.

Don't let her fool you. She doesn't stay asleep long. :) But she sure is cute when she does sleep.

Laura Beth with her friends Abby and Hannah Beth.




As for Laura Beth, she is having such a fun summer with all the water activities beginning. She LOVES playing in water, but STILL has a little trouble with getting water in her face (she hates it). She got her first blisters on her feet this week from some dress up shoes and she is NOT happy about it. ha! Bandaids every day (sometimes twice a day).

As for Julie Ann, she has reflux. It keeps her from sleeping much of the day and night. I am perfecting "the drop"...you know, the "Drop" from your chest/arms to put a baby in the bed. We never really did that with Laura Beth, we usually put her in bed awake. We can sometimes put Julie Ann in bed "Droopy eyed," but usually she cannot stay asleep longer than 5-10 minutes if she goes to sleep on her own. So, I have perfected the "drop" for now, and will "fix" that problem later. ha!

We are "fighting" the battle of reflux and digestive problems with Prevacid and Mylecon (and elevated bed, sound machine, swaddle, pacifiers, ETC.) She has had a tough first 6 weeks, but we feel more confident each day with her that her digestive system will improve. She has weighed 10 pounds for 2 weeks now. She is still in the 75 percentile for weight, but she needs to gain an 1/2 ounce to an ounce a day. We are praying. Next week we do another "weight check." Thats all for now. Julie Ann is actually asleep in her bed, so I must go take advantage!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Lizzie,
Both our girls had reflux so I feel your pain. It was so hard for them to sleep well. For the longest time, Sophie would only sleep well in her swing. Our doctor put them on Zantac which seemed to help a bit, but they just needed to develop/grow a bit before it completely went away. Hang in there! It's nice that you can take a "break" and spend some time with just Laura Beth. Before you know it, Julie Ann will be sleeping like a champ!