Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No pics, just words

I don't have recent pictures. However, I do have a few words. :)

I am starting the 29th week of pregnancy tomorrow. I feel it too. The back pain, the middle of the night bathroom trips, and the over-all exhaustion are all coming on strong. I have the glucose test in the morning. Joy. I also get the Rhogam shot then. I have our first baby shower for Julie Ann on Friday. Some sweet friends at work are throwing us a shower. I can't wait. :)

Laura Beth is really enjoying her Travis Ave preschool on Tuesday and Thursday. She makes the CUTEST art and crafts. She loves showing us her projects each time. Lately Laura Beth has not been "napping" as much. On the days that she DOES nap, she will sleep for 2-3 hours. On the days that she doesn't nap, she LITERALLY won't go to sleep...but she lays there so quiet for 2 hours. I am thinking two things: 1) She is growing out of her naps or 2) She isn't active enough to need a nap (i.e. it's too cold for playground, bike riding, etc.) Either way, her behavior seems to be the same on either day. Who knows? However, I don't like this timing of "no napping" right before a NEWBORN comes to our home. God will sustain me. RIGHT!? Of course, He will.

Other than that, Steve is enjoying days with Laura Beth. He uses the Travis Ave Preschool days to do some work at Travis for the youth. It has really worked out well. We are looking forward to seeing my parents this weekend. Surely I will have pics for the next post.

1 comment:

Lori Lehrmann said...

Grace outgrew her nap right after Luke joined the family! Lovely, huh?! I wasn't ready for that to happen, but she apparently was! I fixed up a box of quiet things (books, coloring books, etc) for her to do during her usual nap time. I would put "quiet music" on for her (soft, classical music) & she was content to either lay there & listen (which usually resulted in her falling asleep...YESSS!!) or she would quietly look at her books or color! Good luck! :)