Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Elsie Ashford

Today's post is to honor my grandmother, Elsie Ashford (She always joked about her name as "Elsie the Borden Cow").

This morning she went to be with the Lord. I remember as a little girl going to her house for every "food" holiday and receiving the best, well prepared, and well thought out meal. My grandmother LOVED to shop. "Back in the day" she could "outshop" anyone. When we were younger, we had a tradition of shopping on "Black Friday." I can remember riding in my grandmother's Cadillac in the backseat on the way to Memphis anticipating a fun day of hanging out with "granny, " mom, and Angie. I remember the smell of my grandmother. She always had perfume and lipstick on no matter what the day was. To me, She was serious about several things, cooking, cleaning, shopping, and her family.

She has been in an assistive living facility for a while now, as she had Alzheimer's, which made it difficult for her to live by herself in her own home.

I would appreciate your prayers for my mom as she has now lost her mother and father. However, we are at peace knowing they are together again in Heaven, praising the Lord all day long. I would also appreciate your prayers for the rest of our family as we gather together to celebrate my grandmother's life.

The funeral will be in Water Valley, MS, so we will be heading to MS this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear this. Of course we will be praying for your family and for safe travel home this weekend.