Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Meche's Kingcakes!

While living in MS and TX, I always wanted a good king cake around this time of year. However, the Kroger bakery and Walmart bakery king cakes just didn't live up to my expectations. Here in Louisiana, they obviously know how to make a good king cake. Yesterday, I had the MOST divine cream cheese king cake. THanks to my friend Amber who let us know about the place. Meche's donut house is by far the best king cake I have ever tasted. They are located in Lafayette, LA. We were there for a youth function. I wonder if they deliver?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had never heard of king cake until college. One of my roommates was from right outside NO, and her mom would ship one from a bakery there that she shared with us. Soooo yum!

Since then I occasionally see them at grocery stores around here, but since Ive had the real thing, those look gross. ;)