Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cousin fun and more


We recently had Hannah Claire (Laura Beth's cousin) in town for a week. They had such a great time together. We were very thankful that had this opportunity. Especially since Hannah Claire taught Laura Beth about (1) mouth wash, and (2) talking in a really high pitched voice to Julie Ann.

Cause we're cousins! from Elizabeth Mears on Vimeo.


This next picture is of Julie Ann at 4 months. She had her doctor appointment today. She weighs 16 pounds! She eats oatmeal once a day. She loves loves loves people (faces). She also is beginning to love her lamb (lovey). She is so much fun! She wouldn't stop kicking and "talking" during the photo shoot.


Lastly, I had a fender bender today. It wasn't "my fault" but I almost wished it was. The sweetest, most humble little old lady hit our minivan today. She asked if I was ok. I told her I was fine. I then asked if she was ok. She replied, "I'm old, you are young so I am glad you are ok." She said she was on her way to super one to get some yogurt, but she would just have to pass on it now. ha! She had groceries in her car, including some daisies she bought for herself. When I asked if she had family to come pick her up, she said, "I have no one in the world." Not even a friend or neighbor. She was worried because they didn't have buses where she lived and her car had to be towed after the accident. She looked at her car and said, "That car needs to go in the trash." (wonderful attitude the ENTIRE time). She has the most wonderful russian accent (I think it sounded russian). When I asked how she ended up in Woodworth, she said, "I saw the place and liked it." She apologized over and over again for the accident. Thank God for the sweetest man from the Alexandria Sherriff's department who took her home. (He also said he would have someone come to her house each week to check on her). I later had a time to just chat with Ms. N., (sweetest, most humble lady in the world) and I asked if she had ever married. She said, "I wanted to so bad, but no one would have me." When I was leaving she said, please take a flower so you will remember me (as if I could forget her). I am certainly not happy our van had to be towed and all, BUT I am sooo glad I met Ms. N. She is an amazing lady. I kinda want to hang out with her again soon.

No comments: