We are so excited to tell you about our newest addition to the family! Julie Ann Mears was born April 19, 2011 at 11:26 a.m. She was 20 1/2 inches long. Her weight is a story we will have to tell for the rest of her life. She weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces on the scale after she was born. However, later that night she weight 7 pounds 13 ounces. Hmmmm... babies don't gain weight their first day. ha! So, we assume the first scale was not calibrated. We think she weighed closer to 7 pounds 15 ounces... or Steve's guess 8 pounds 2 ounces. She was definitely big.
I was 40 weeks pregnant and not progressing very much. I was pretty anxious about the whole delivery since I wasn't progressed very well. However, God had perfect timing for this little girl to be born. I was able to have more time with Laura Beth. Laura Beth was able to have strep without the scare that Julie Ann would get it. Steve had a little more time to focus on ministry as he is still new at the church with LOTS of events coming up. Julie Ann was born on Passover and Easter week for this year. It made for a wonderful week of celebrating new life.
I am recovering well. In fact, they let us go home after 24 hours as I was doing so well and Julie Ann was doing well. My mother came and stayed with us for the entire week. She played with Laura Beth while we were in the hospital. She was also the videographer and photographer several times that week. I am sooo appreciative of her time, PATIENCE, and help. We miss her.
Now for the fun stuff... Here is a video I made to summarize the days in the hospital and first day home. I have MANY more pictures to post, but those are from Easter, etc. I'll get to them soon.
For me, as emotional as I am right now, this video makes me tear up. I am so thankful to God for the precious children He has blessed us with. How He love us.
4 comments:
Oh Lizzie and Steve - the girls are so beautiful. Laura Beth is so adorable with Julie Ann.
Lizzie - I teared up watching the video too.
Y'all are so blessed!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us! She is beautiful! Love and miss you all.
Beautiful!!!
So, so sweet!!! I love seeing LB as the big sister!! Treasure these times!!!
Post a Comment