Wednesday, August 13, 2008

6 Months already!

Laura Beth turned 6 months old last Saturday. She is doing so well. Yesterday she got her 6 month shots. She didn't like that too much. However, she is doing well with the post-shot symptoms. This is a picture of her right after we got home from the shots. (ignore the spots on her outfit. ha)

She is now eating 4 bottles a day with 3 solid food meals. She loves carrots, peas, squash, green beans, pears, peaches, and applesauce. She is still sleeping well at night and playing hard during the day with her friend "Tee" (her caregiver). She takes baths in the bathtub now. Yes, that is Greenville water in the picture. Crazy...we know. Laura Beth is now tri-pod sitting which is fun for us to watch. She also likes to eat her feet. Makes us so proud. ha!



Steve and I finished tiling the kitchen floor. We still have some painting and "putting-back-together" to do.


Layne Parrish came to visit Laura Beth yesterday. Layne lives in Texas and is attending Seminary. We are glad she came to visit.

This coming weekend we are having a bake sale at Walmart for a mission trip that our youth are going on. They'll be heading to Honduras in December. Steve and I believe that God uses missions to change the heart of a missionary and the people receiving the gospel. Please pray for this group as they prepare to be changed and God prepares them to do His work.

Working in Greenville Public Schools has been interesting this year (as well as all the years I've worked here). I definitely feel like I am making a difference everyday. However, progress is slow. I am in the process of moving my room again secondary to a shortage of space in our building. I just moved into the room I am in today a week ago. Yeah, it's a little crazy.

Laura Beth's Lauren Kelly is coming into town today. She is staying at our house until Sunday. We are so excited to see her and celebrate her birthday with her.

No comments: